Instagram allows you to upload short, 15-second video clips that have an expiration date, remaining visible for only a 24-hour time period. Instastories, as they are commonly known as, are a great alternative to the classic post to engage your social media audience in different ways.
To help you create various types of Instastories, we've provided strategies and instructions to guide you in that creation process.
To access the Instagram Stories panel, from the main menu in your Nucleus Dashboard, hover over Social and click on Instagram Stories.
You'll see a small list of items in the left sidebar that we'll explore in other articles. For now, let's take a look at the Instagram Stories Panel.
Once you've accessed your Instagram Stories Panel, you should see various monthly bundles. If you don't see any bundles available here, you'll need to upgrade your account to include the Nucleus Social subscription. Simply reach out to us in the purple chat bubble for details and we'll help you get that set up.
Above all your Instastory strategy bundles, you'll see the search bar. Here, you can search for a specific pack by typing out the month and year in the following format: January 2020. If you have a lot of previous strategy packs, you might find it easier to search for a specific month you're looking for, rather than scrolling through past ones.
Every name you see will be the month and year listed (such as January 2020) denoting each month's Instastory strategy bundle. Click on the name to view all the posts included in that month's social pack. The View option on the right side of the pack's details will do the same.
The date in this column tells you when the Instastory strategy pack was delivered, meaning when you were first able to download that month's strategies.
Once you've clicked on the name of a Instastory strategy bundle (or clicked on the View button), you'll see all the individual strategies available to you. Generally speaking, there will be four strategies per month.
To keep it consistent with the rest of the Nucleus Social pages, you'll see the search bar above your strategies, though there will usually only ever be four strategies available in each monthly bundle, so you'll likely not need to use this. However, you can still search for a specific strategy by typing out part or all of a strategy's title.
Each title you see will denote the type of strategy that particular guide will explore. There are various types of strategies, so be on the look out for each month's bundle to see an effective way to engage your audience on Instagram through Stories. To download a particular strategy, simply click the Download option on the right side of that strategy.
Keep in mind...
- Unlike with individual social posts, you'll need to download a strategy in order to view the instructions on how to create one of the various Instastories, as you will not be able to view a preview within your Nucleus Dashboard. Each download will be a PDF, and should be accessible on most devices.
- The Social Posts Panel - An introduction to the Social Posts panel, complete with definitions.
- Downloading A Social Media Post - An overview of a social post and how to download one.
- 39 Copy-n-Paste Question Posts For Churches On Social Media - A list of questions that have been proven to boost engagement.
- The #1 Instagram Stories Strategy For Churches - Examples and techniques to copy and use on your church Instagram account.
- 3 Quick & Easy Instagram Stories Strategies For Churches - Executing 3 techniques on Instagram to take advantage of the increasing trend in Instastories.